Dear Mother/Love Keating
Dear Mother,
Welton Academy is an interesting school. The boys here are very polite, but very misshapen. These boys must be immersed in the life of a free thinker. I must illustrate how great it is to think for yourself and not have your parents make all of the decisions. Some of the boys are very arrogant in my class. They want nothing to do with poetry, and creative writing. All they want are straight A's and wealthy parents to get you into a good college. This really puts a little light on the subject. Mother, I am going to be the one to shape these boys into independent men. They will learn what it is like to be in love, they will learn how to speak for themselves, and they will strive to use that free thinking whenever they need to.
Wish Me Luck,
John Keating
P.S.
This school is an only boys school. I hope I can integrate this school with the females so the emotions boys feel will be written in the pieces they will be assigned from me.


1 Comments:
This shows great thought and creativity, May! Do we know anything about John's mother? Do you think he has a good relationship with her? Do you think she influenced him in some way?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home