Welcome to Welton Academy
I have just started reading this book yesterday, and I must say I am already intrigued by these young fine boys. Where it begins is the opening inaugural ceremony. The school is very religious, you can tell by the robes they are wearing. You hear in the first few pages the motto, “Tradition,” “Honor,” “Discipline,” and “Excellence," they say with there audible voices. I think that these are difficult words to live by, especially for such young teenage boys. Also you hear soldiers, not boys when they talk to the head master.
They sound like this "YES SIR!" I thin that that is very strange because they are not being trained to be soldiers, they are educated to become leaders.
You meet the starring boys in the book, during the ceremony. Todd Anderson, and some of the most cerebral boys at school, Neil Perry, Richard Cameron, Charlie Dalton, Steven Meeks, Knox Overstreet, and Mr. Pitts, Mr. Keeting. They all become acquaintances shortly after the ceremony. You also feel the love of there parents, Neil's father strikes me because he just stood disappointed at his son when they were saying there goodbyes after the ceremony, that makes me think that he wants his son to do better than ever this year, he wants his son to be the best.


2 Comments:
I'm interested to hear more about the relationship between Neil and his father...
Can you explain the inaugural ceremony more.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home