Thursday, December 4, 2014

My Intro to DPS

My book I am reading is DEAD POET SOCIETY by N.H. Kleinbaum

I have seen the movie with Robin Williams in it, and I thought it was fantastic. The book, and the movie are quite different, but also have similar parts to it. For example, the book and the move have the same message, "It is better to me normal than to be different." (That message was in my own words.) I think this book sends a power message of stay true to who you are, and don't let the status quo get in the way of what you absolutely love. Also I think that it brings a dark message to when one of the boys does something his father doesn't approve of but he still wants it so bad. He pays the biggest price of all, he shoots himself with his father's gun. There are many mixed emotions throughout the book, most are good, but towards the end most of the boys change. Like at the very end when Mr. Keeting is fired, he grabs all of his stuff from his old desk, and all of the buys (even the ones who don't care about poetry) stand up on their desks. They stood there because of something wise Mr. Keeting told them, "boys why am I standing up here?" "To get a different perspective on the world around us, if you look at everything the same way then life would be boring!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home